2016 - Ghostlights
Information about Avantasia Ghostlights
- Album will be released on January 29th, 2016 via Nuclear Blast and Avalon Marquee (Asia).
- Michael Kiske sings on: 'Ghostlights' (with Tobias and Jorn Lande), 'Unchain The Light' (with Tobias and Ronnie Atkins) and 'Wake Up To The Moon'.
- Album produced by Tobias Sammet and Sascha Paeth in Gatestudio Wolfsburg, Germany. Engineering and mixing by Sascha Paeth. Mastering by Michael Rodenberg.
- The Bonus Live CD contains Wacken 2014 (1-8 songs), Masters Of Rock 2013 (9-10) and Wacken 2008 (track 11th).
In January 2016 via Nuclear Blast. An EP/single will precede the full-length effort in the fall.
Tobias Sammet: "In the past months, I've spent a lot of time in the studio, an odd recluse in the basement, secretly working obsessively on something that reads and feels and sounds like a new - very strong - chapter in the story of AVANTASIA. I must say AVANTASIA is a fantastic outlet for creativity, and it's truly inspiring to create a piece of music for so many great vocalists and instrumentalists. The new material is very bombastic and dynamic, and even though it's extremely diverse, every minute of it sounds like AVANTASIA."
Tobias Sammet about the new album: "Folks, I've spent months in the basement working on new material: Amazing stuff, diverse, epic, a little progressive even. Long tracks. Orchestra. Celtic stuff… We're still in the middle of the process, but it's so inspiring to work with all these great musicians and come up with a new chapter of Avantasia."
Different editions Tobias Sammet's Avantasia Ghostlights
01. Standard edition: 12 tracks.
02. Digibook 2CD edition: 12 tracks + 'Wake Up To The Moon' + 2nd CD: Avantasia live.
03. 3CD Earbook Edition: 12 tracks + CD Avantasia live + Karaoke CD with 12 tracks. Incl. 68page photobook ca. 28,5x28,5cm
04. 3CD Earbook Deluxe Edition: 12 tracks + CD Avantasia live + Karaoke CD with 12 tracks + 10" vinyl. Incl. 68page photobook ca. 28,5x28,5cm. Posters, autograph, etc...
05. Vinyl edition Clear/Black/Gold: 12 track + bonus track 'Wake Up To The Moon'. Gold edition exclusive for NuclearBlast shop.
06. Japanese edition SHM-CD: 12 tracks + Not info yet.
Promotional stuff Avantasia Ghostlights
The cover artwork was done by the designer Thomas Ewerhard (official website). He also did the artwork of The Scarecrow (2008), Angel Of Babylon and The Wicked Symphony (2010).
The History Behind Avantasia Ghostlights
- In process....
Michael Kiske commented to 'Break Out' magazine, October 2014 number:
"Tobi Sammet already asked as well for another Avantasia and I think this will be a topic for next year. We can already talk about this during the upcoming tour."
Press ratings Avantasia Ghostlights album
|Webzine - Radio - Magazine||Rating 0/10|
|Rock It Magazine||10|